2/5/07

'I Can Go for Two Months On a Compliment' - M. Twain

I am a 50 years old and moved to a Boston suburb 23 years ago. I graduated from Bloomfield High School in 1974. I lived the first 24 years of my life on a small street off of Watchung Avenue.

Last night, I think in a dream, somehow I thought about Brookdale Beverage, and decided to google it. I found your article, and then your other pieces of writing. I just spent about an hour "walking down Memory Lane". It was great.

About Brookdale Beverage, I remember driving up (what seemed to be) a long driveway with my mom, going in telling the man what flavors we wanted and we were on our way. It was a COOL place! There was also a farm in the Allwood section of Clifton where we used to go and get fresh eggs! (I wonder if you knew that?)

I loved the Town Pub too.

Anyway, it was great to read your writings.

Thank you,

Elaine Carlson Murray

PS - I emailed the Uncle Floyd info to my brother. He was always a big fan!

 

No comments: